As things change we will keep this page updated
For the next three months, New Life will continue to serve clients virtually. Clients call in to a conference line where client hosts walk them through our online store. We hold appointments on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Orders are gathered together ready for professional movers to deliver on Fridays. We are looking to expand, but at the moment we are only able to serve 9 clients per week.
We are working to onboard more agencies to our virtual model. We ask that agencies be patient.
Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to serve self-moving/ U-Haul clients. As volunteers return to New Life, we will reevaluate. Agencies can still submit referrals for self-moving clients, but will not be scheduled until we are back to normal operations.
Since our process has moved online, many of our volunteer opportunities have also moved online.
Our Volunteer Coordinator, Amanda, will be present to supervise select shifts in the warehouse moving forward – therefore, opening up opportunities for first-time volunteers again. Experienced volunteers will also lead some shifts. Keep in mind that we are still asking volunteers to complete specific tasks in isolated shifts rather than resuming our usual operation. Examples include cleaning the warehouse, restocking inventory, or making dish packs. You will be required to wear a mask when with other volunteers, unless you’ve been quarantining together. Opportunities are gradually be added to our software in the coming weeks, though will be limited to a small number of volunteers each shift.
As usual, volunteers must be at least 14 years of age and anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Shifts led by a volunteer will be closed to minors for safety reasons. These shifts will be labeled “(must be 18+)”.
If you have any questions about volunteering, contact Amanda at email@example.com.
We are not accepting groups at this time.
Household goods and Furniture Drop-offs
06/25/20 – We have moved to a new system to schedule drop-offs. The form requires more information, but it will help us better plan storing and quarantining of donations.
06/25/20 – Starting in July, donations will be at the dock. We ask that every enter through the entrance on West Street. Please sign up here. One slot per household.
Drop off appointment process:
- Please have your items in the back of your vehicle clearly marked as a donation, and wear a mask when you enter the parking lot for your appointment. It is important that you review our “What We Accept” page and ensure it is free from scratches, stains, rips, pet hair, and is in good working order and appropriate for the clients we serve.
- A volunteer will greet you and check that you have a scheduled appointment that day. All others will be turned away and asked to make an appointment for another day. In fairness to all, there will be no exceptions.
- Our volunteers will direct you to stop in a designated space and will unload your vehicle for you. Please remain in your vehicle if possible. If you cannot do so, please wear a mask and maintain a 6’ social distance from our volunteers.
- We will email you a receipt after your appointment.
- Please be patient. To maintain social distancing, we will have fewer volunteers on-site than in the past and the drop-off process may take longer than usual.
Thank you for helping people make a home. We appreciate your support and patience during this time.
We have suspended pickups for the foreseeable future.