New Life is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe that our team must reflect the diversity of the families we serve and that a diverse team where everyone feels comfortable being themselves will be a long-term advantage. We actively seek out diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Walpole, MA (Hybrid)
Full-time – 40 hours per week
New Life Furniture Bank of MA (New Life) is a volunteer-driven organization providing high-quality gently used furniture and household essentials to individuals and families transitioning out of homelessness, escaping domestic violence, and victims of fire.
We are seeking a Development Director to lead our fundraising efforts and oversee all aspects of our development program. The Development Director will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive fundraising plan, cultivating relationships with donors and prospects, and ensuring the sustainability and growth of the organization.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan, including individual giving, major gifts, grants, corporate giving, and special events.
- Cultivate relationships with donors and prospects, including individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Develop and maintain a donor database and ensure accurate and timely record-keeping.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to set fundraising goals and strategies.
- Write and submit grant proposals and reports and manage all aspects of the grant process.
- Plan and execute special events, including donor cultivation events, fundraising events, and community events.
- Manage and train development volunteers.
- Collaborate with program staff to develop compelling fundraising materials and messaging that accurately reflects the organization’s mission and impact.
- Monitor and analyze fundraising results and adjust strategies as needed to ensure the organization’s financial sustainability.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, with a proven track record of success in individual giving, major gifts, grants, and special events.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to interact effectively with donors, prospects, staff, and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write compelling grant proposals, reports, and fundraising materials.
- Strong analytical and budget management skills.
- Experience managing staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and trends, as well as legal and ethical considerations related to fundraising.
- Passion for the organization’s mission and a commitment to making a difference in the community.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Director” in the subject line. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter. We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.