Though New Life is a volunteer-driven organization, we occasionally are looking to expand our team of employees.
New Life is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe that our team must reflect the diversity of the families we serve and that a diverse team where everyone feels comfortable being themselves will be a long-term advantage. We actively seek out diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Occasional (1-4 mornings/week) OR Full Time
Interested candidates should email Amanda Wolfe, Operations Manager, at email@example.com.
New Life Furniture Bank of MA provides gently-used furniture and household goods to people transitioning out of homelessness. Drivers are an essential part of growing our operation by bringing in greatly needed inventory. The position includes picking up donations from the community and delivering furnishings to clients.
- Pick up furniture and household good donations from community donors
- Deliver furniture and household goods to client homes
- Safely lift and move furniture from homes and businesses, in and out of our warehouse and trucks, and into client homes
- Practice safe lifting techniques to protect yourself, others, and avoid damage to the items or surroundings
- Comfortably drive a box truck and operate a lift gate
- Collaborate well with others, including volunteers
- Use our software to maintain accurate records
- Accurately assess and collect pickup fees based on the number and location of items
- Provide excellent customer service to furniture donors
- Carry out various warehouse duties as needed
- Problem solve and communicate effectively
- Valid MA driver’s license (CDL not required for the size of our trucks)
- Ability to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English
- Ability to comfortably lift furniture weighing 50lbs or more
- No driving violations from the past 3 years
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Please note that the responsibilities of this position is not a comprehensive list and may change at any time with or without notice to meet the organization’s needs.
Tradução em português
Os candidatos interessados devem enviar um e-mail para Amanda Wolfe, Gerente de Operações, firstname.lastname@example.org.
O Banco de Móveis Nova Vida de Ma está gentilmente fornecendo móveis usados e utensílios domésticos para os sem teto que estão ganhando um novo lar. Motoristas são partes essenciais para o crescimento da operação cuja função contribui muito para um bom relatório. A posição inclui pegar móveis que são doados pela comunidade e entregá-los aos clientes.